Graphic designing is a form of designing which makes use of motion graphics, images and typography to create a design. This form of designing has become very popular in the past decade and now makes use of advanced computer programs for its implementation. It is mostly used for printed, published or electronic media including brochures and advertising etc. There are plenty of good graphic designing softwares available for Windows ba_x_sed devices which can help you create high quality graphics on your system. While some of these are paid, others are available for free of cost. If you wish to make a graphic design for yourself for free, then the following given list of the top 10 free graphic design software Windows would prove useful.
Features and functions:
· Inkscape is popular and very efficient free graphic design software Windows which has good SVG integration and also supports many other advanced features like cloned ob_x_jects and alpha blending.
· It comes with full supports for several different color modes and offers amazing ability to trace bitmap images.
· Inscape is a better alternative to Illustrator for web and print design and also has a simpler interface as compared to it.
· This free graphic design software Windows is also available for Mac and Linux.
Pros of Inkscape
· Inkscape focuses primarily on SVG format and is integrated with it and this is one of its highlight points.
· Another positive of it is that this software it comes with full support for variable width strokes and also native import for Illustrator files.
· Inkscape is easily sufficient for any good graphic designer who wants to do some designing at home.
Cons of Inkscape
· This software often lags or hangs the computer and this can prove to be very frustrating in the midst of designing.
· This software needs constant upgradation of the version for it to work without any glitches and this can be very time taking.
· This program isn’t as effective and famous as Corel or Illustrator and may not be received well by clients or employers.
2. Serif drawplus starter edition
Features and functions
· Serif drawplus starter edition too is very well known and high qualityfree graphic design software Windowsand is a tool which is ideal for beginners.
· This software is designed in a very intuitive way and supports many tools like brushes, 3D functionality, pre-defined templates and others.
· The software works readily in CMYK and makes it easy for you to quickly output print ready graphic work.
Pros of Serif
· One of the most amazing things about thisfree graphic design software Windowsis that it also lets you build your photo editing skills besides designing graphics thanks to a very comprehensive photo lab that it has.
· This software is a great way to begin learning graphic designing for beginners and it is one of its important positive points.
· Serif Drawplus starter edition helps you see your drawings in stunning and hence brings your designs to life in seconds.
· It not only comes with the feature of authentic painting techniques but also animations.
Cons of Serif
· Undoubtedly, one of the areas of problem of this software is that it doesn’t work well for professional or advanced level graphic designers and hence is limited in its approach.
· Another negative point about this software is that it doesn’t display or indicate the disabled features properly.
· There are no keyboard shortcuts provided for the tools palette and this too makes tasks slower and clunky.
3. SVG Edit
Features and functions:
· SVG Edit is a highly respected and sought after graphic designing tool available for free on Windows platform and stands for Scalable vector graphics-Edit.
· This software is built in with CSS3, ja_x_vasc_x_ript and HTML5 and thus there is no need for any server side processing.
· This tool for Windows not only allows you to create and edit your documents but also to modify the code by downloading it.
· SVG Edit is easy to use, has an intuitive interface and a clean design.
Pros of SVG Edit
· One of the points which stand out about this platform is that one needs no server side processing, thanks to the inbuilt ja_x_vasc_x_ript and HTML5 etc.
· SVG Edit is a cross platform vector ba_x_sed drawing and editing tool which works on multiple platforms and operating systems and this too is an added advantage.
· It packs a powerful punch as an artistic tool and is a great platform if you wish to train someone who advanced level graphic designing
Cons of SVG edit
· It offers only a limited scope and features and this is one of the things that pull it down.
· This free graphic design software Windowsoffers everything which is basic and hence doesn’t satisfy professional artists and graphic designers.
1. Sketsa SVG Editor is basicsketching softwareand has far fewer tools and features than some competing product
2. If you are new to drawing software, you should keep the complexity of this program in mind. For example, instead of a typical opacity scale that moves from left to right to affect size, SVG Editor only has a fill-in-the-blank field to place a specific number for the opacity.
3. Sketsa SVG Editor has a steeper learning curve than other drawing software applications, but once you learn to navigate the application, you will appreciate the organization and user interface
4. The developer has intentionally left the source code available so that you can directly edit the code. This option gives you more flexibility if you know how to edit and create source code.
5. Each of this program’s tools give you added control and manual customization to manipulate the shapes to appear exactly how you want them.
Features and functions:
· This is ordinary yet very robust free graphic design software Windowswhich comes from Pixologic who are the creators of ZBrush.
· This program is designed in such a way that it lets you create in-depth details without the need to subdivide the model.
· Sculptris offers a unique feature through which you can save it as a native culture file for editing later on.
· Sculptris can also be exported as a ZBrush or a wave font file to import to other programs.
Pros of Sculptris
· Sculptris is the perfect place to start your graphic designing or digital sculpting journey as it is easy to use and beginner-friendly.
· This software from Pixologic supports 3D functionality and this is one of its strongest points.
· The level of detailing that you can get into while using this platform is simply amazing and adds to its overall appeal and positive points.
Cons of Sculptris
· The softwaret is very basic and not suitable for professionals or advanced level animations.
· One of its drawback is that it offers only one-way modeling and modeling and texturing are held separately.
· Another point which pulls this software down is that it offers an unruly multi-ob_x_ject control and misses on functionality like symmetry axis control.
1. Sculptris offers a great work-flow for creating low poly meshes from start to finish including textures. However there are some drawbacks:
2. As with any sculpting tool you cannot use it to create flat planes for buildings, it’s more suited to organic shapes.
3. I came across a free modeling tool ‘Sculptris’. I’ve been playing around with it a little bit and it’s pretty simple and easy to use.
Functions and features:
· Blender is yet another free graphic design software Windows which is used for creating visual effects, interactive 3D applications 3D printed models, animated films, art and video games etc.
· One of the most special features of this program is that it offers tools like UV unwrapping, sinning, rigging, particle simulation and match moving which make it different from others.
· Blender is available not just for Windows users but also Mac users and Linux devices.
· This program is ideal for both beginners and professionals and this is one of its highlight qualities.
Pros of Blender:
· Blender offers the option of photorealistic rendering which is one of the best things about it and its positive feature. It has a powerful new unbiased rendering engine called Cycles.
· This software has an array of modeling tools that can help in making models in a breeze.
· Blender is also capable of fast rigging and provides the real joy of sculpting, thanks to features like 20 different brush types, mirrored sculpting, dynamic topology sculpting and multi-resolution sculpting support.
Cons of Blender
· The program has a very complex and complicated interface which may take users time to get used to and this is one of the negatives associated with it.
· In order to use this program, you will need a computer which has a very good quality 3D card and this too can prove to be a limitation.
1. Blender is excellent 3D modeling and animation software. It provides a wide range of tools, and its interface makes completing all tasks convenient and efficient.
2. This program is packed with features. There are options for 3D Unwrapping, Shading, Physics and Particles, Real Time 3D/Game Creation, and much more. Tools are also included for 2D and 3D procedural brushes, Edge Rendering, Collision Simulation, and Edge Rendering.
3. Whether you’re experienced in digital animation or want to develop your skills, you’ll find what you need in this comprehensive program.